Awareness IS important
Increasing public awareness of the importance of skin cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment, including basal cell, squamous cell, and melanoma is vitally important to me as a melanoma survivor that is why I started melanomaireland.ie. Skin cancer IS the most common form of cancer here in Ireland.
Here are a few guidelines
What Are The Risk Factors for Melanoma Skin Cancer?
- Ultraviolet(UV) light exposure
- Fair skin, freckling and light hair
- Family history of melanoma
- Personal history of melanoma or other skin cancers
- Gender (men are at higher risk)
- Xeroderma pigmentosum (an inherited skin condition)
What are the risk factors for basal and squamous cell skin cancer?
- Ultraviolet (UV) light exposure
- Having light-colored skin
- Older age
- Male Gender
- Exposure to certain chemicals
- Radiation exposure
- Previous history of skin cancer
- Long-term or severe skin inflammation or injury
- Psoriasis treatment
- Xeroderma pigmentosum (XP)
- Basal cell nevus syndrome (Gorlin syndrome)
- Compromised immune system
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) infection
WELCOME TO OUR NEW WEBSITE FORUM AND SUPPORT PAGE.
Welcome to our melanoma forum. Join the discussion today by logging a query on this page, asking a question or simply sharing opinions with fellow melanoma survivors just click on Main Forum to add to the discussion.
This is a support page where everyone can share opinion ideas or views about melanoma.
Not everybody is on facebook and this page can be found and commented on by people just using a google search.
Please feel free to register and join in, you can just use your first name to keep your anonymity if you require.
OUR COMMUNITY ON FACEBOOK
If you are on facebook you can also join our ever increasing community by going to the Melanoma Community Ireland link below.
The facebook page is only for melanoma patients and people who have been touched by melanoma.
The group is about us as patients and gives us somewhere private to chat.
We look forward to hearing from you.
NEWS AND EVENTS
If it is up to date news you are looking for please feel free to visit our news page by following the link below,
This page is updated on a daily basis with news about the latest treatments, and information regarding melanoma from here in Ireland and from around the world.
If you would like to share information please do not hesitate to contact us.
HOW TO CONTACT US
We can be contacted via this website just go to the Contact page
Or directly at melanomaireland@gmail .com
Melanoma awareness Ireland can also be followed on facebook
Once again we look forward to hearing from you.